2008/10/10

You can eat the powdered green tea cake in Ochaya while looking at Shirakawa river that is the symbol of Gion. “Kanmi-dokoro Gion-Komori”

There are a lot of my favorite sweets café, “Kanmi-ya” in Kyoto. That’s the reason why I put the blog title “Kyoto Sweet Tottering” as it means I totter from Kanmi-ya to Kanmi-ya ;-).

Here I introduce you one of sweet café “Gion-Komori” as I note it one of the best sweets café in Gion area.
At first, you will find the shop standing beside Shirakawa river, therefore you can always listen to the murmuring in the brook during tasting sweets. What a fresh place it is!

I do not know whether this shop was previously a Ochaya (bar with Geisha girls) or not, but you will find similarities with those Ochaya and this house.

On tatami mats, you will have sweet desert at Japanese table, just like you do in traditional Japanese hotel, Ryokan.
This is a cup of Komori powdered green tea parfait.
Maccha ice cream is covering everything, so you have to dig the ice cream to encounter another sweet stuff, but this ice cream is not too sweet, probably most of Americans will suspect whether Japanese cooks have missed to calculate the sugar dose while making. So do not mind about your failure to reach to another stuff inside.

The powdered green tea pudding is just beneath the green tea flavored ice cream ♪.

White rice dumpling, the powdered green tea jelly, the chestnut, the banana, and
the raspberry are put under green tea pudding. What a happy time I encounter!
I do again say, they are not too sweet for you, so it is very easy to have two or three cups of parfait if you want. You won’t feel sugar sticky in your mouth after eating.
But if you feel Azuki, red beans paste is too sweetie, you should avoid it. I myself may be addicted to its taste and do not feel it too sweet .

This is a sweet café for adults. And I also recommend this café to go with your boy friend who does not like to eat sweet desert after dinner. I think he can enjoy sweet parfait here.
In fact, I saw many male customers in this shop anytime I visit this shop.
This is a cup of Komori green tea & Azuki & Bavarian parfait.
You can find various sweet stuff with red beans paste inside. Most of the parfait have green tea ice cream on the top, however, you will find various taste in each menu, under the green round top.
Yes, I was always at a loss for ordering which parfait ;).
During summer season, you will find Kakigori cup in this shop. Although I recommend you Gyokuen as a best kakigori café in Kyoto, it is attractive to try kakigori and parfait at the same time in hot Kyoto summer.

Yes, let’s visit Komori next summer!

Kyototravel
“Kanmi-dokoro Gion-Komori”
Gion-Shinbashi-Motoyosicho 61, Higashiyama, Kyoto
Open: 11:00~21:00(LO.20:30), on Sunday, close at 20:00(LO.19:30)
regular holiday:Wednesday
Phone:075-561-0504